Centerra is a Canadian-based gold mining and exploration company located in Toronto, Canada engaged in the operation, exploration, development and acquisition of gold properties in Asia, North America and other markets worldwide. Our objective is to build shareholder value by maximizing the potential of our current properties and leveraging our financial strength and experience to acquire new long-life, low-cost projects.
Currently, we have two producing gold mines:
- 100% interest in the Kumtor mine in the Kyrgyz Republic
- 100% interest in the Mt. Milligan mine in Canada
- 100% interest in the Boroo mine in Mongolia, currently on care and maintenance waiting development of the adjacent Gatsuurt property
A Molybdenum business unit:
- 100% interest in Thompson Creek Metals which consists of the Thompson Creek Mine in Idaho and the Endako Mine in British Columbia and the Langeloth Metallurgical Facility located in Pennsylvania.
An advanced stage development property:
- 100% interest in the Gatsuurt property in Mongolia near the formerly producing Boroo mine
- 100% interest in the Öksüt gold project in Turkey
A Joint Venture Partnership:
- In 2015 Centerra entered into a 50/50 JV partnership with Premier Gold Mines Limited, to advance the Greenstone Gold property, including the Hardrock Gold Project located in the Geraldton-Beardmore Greenstone belt in Ontario, Canada.
We also have interests in promising exploration properties and exploration Joint Ventures in:
- 100% interest in Altan Tsagaan Ovoo (“ATO”) project in Mongolia
- Lagares gold property, Centerra has the right to earn up to 70% interest through its joint venture with Medgold Corp.